Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I used one of my rare lunches in SJ for Ocean Blue Sushi Club again! Why would I do that? Of course there must be a good reason for it to overtake the chance for me to try some place new. It's because I wanted to have their Chirashi again! This place has been open for a while but they do not seem to be busy for lunch at all. I don't know how long they will last. The location isn't the best but the decor inside is very clean and nice. I still love looking at the nice kimonos hung up behind a glass case. Hopefully one day when I make it out to Japan I will be able to have one custom made for myself. ^_^
We told them that we were in a hurry and they actually brought out everything pretty fast. They started with the traditional Miso Soup. It had a strong fishy flavor that I wasn't too fond of but Ms. Lin enjoyed. The Salad was fresh with a Sweet Peanut Dressing.
Onto the main attraction, the Chirashi! It has 3 Maguros, 2 Salmons, 2 Yellowtails, 2 Scallops, 1 Mussel, 2 different types of Roe, 1 Surf Clam, 1 Shrimp, 2 White Fish, and more. Just looking at the photo makes me drool. The yellowtail was super fresh and perfectly marbleized. I always enjoy the scallop too. They don't skimp on the portions for the chirashi.
Yes, it's still $19 for lunch but you do get a lot of food and pretty good quality too. If there was a place like this near my home in OC, I'd go there very often to satisfy my sushi cravings!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOH. that's one heck of a yummy looking chirashi for $19 only!!!

Kat said...

yup yup! It's brimming full of yummy goodness! You should definitely check the place out if you are ever in Santa Clara/San Jose! ^_^

Blog Widget by LinkWithin