Thursday, November 27, 2008

I normally try not to go shop or park at the Asian Garden Mall because it's just a huge mess! Bad memories in the parking lot just rile my feathers every time I think about it. Luckily, I was not the one driving! ^_^ So it wasn't too bad and I took this opportunity to visit some old favorites inside the mall. I use to come to C & C Express all the time for the little snacks and drinks. Is it just me, or is everything getting more vibrant in colors these days? lol
The first thing that caught my eye was that they sell is Balut! (Trứng vịt lộn or Hột vịt lộn in Vietnamese) PK and I were both extremely intrigued. I tried to goat her into trying one but she refused as did I. ^_^ It was funny that as we were taking pics, the lady behind the counter immediately put more in to make the picture look better. So now we know where to get this delicacy if we ever decide to try it! Hmm I will have to take Ms. Lin there to see if she will eat it too!
One of my old favorites was the shāomài. There is usually 3 huge pieces on a stick and they heat it up for you. Then they squirt some soy sauce on top to give it an extra kick. Unfortunately it did not taste as good as it looked! Don't fall for my photography skills... blech! There was actually a broken piece of the toothpick inside and it jabbed me! *sobs* Was this even meat? I think they have changed the ingredients to skimp on the value. It is now made of ground meat?? With tons of flour? It is almost like the meat cakes served with the BBQ meat at Vietnamese restaurants but worse!
I decided to pick up a Chả Ốc. They were $1 each so I just picked one up to try. It reminded me of the Indonesian Otak-Otak, so I couldn't resist. The flavor was not too bad and it was definitely different. I also grabbed another huge cup of Fresh Sugar Cane Juice, but the one here is nowhere near as good as Bahn Mi Che Cali. Still, I can always go for more anywhere. It's nice to have snacks and drinks while you shop, but every store in here has signs everywhere saying no drink and no food. =*(

C & C Express

9200 Bolsa Avenue
Westminster, CA 92683
(714) 894-7533
C & C Food on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin