Thursday, July 29, 2010

Yesterday was the first and hopefully beginning of many Food Truck Extravaganza. I have been meaning to try out the hottest food trucks in OC but I get lazy about driving and monitoring where they are located. So this was the best solution ever! Five of the most popular trucks in the area met at 18678 Teller in Irvine, CA 92612 from 11:30 AM to 2:00 PM. This was a last minute event but many people caught wind of this awesome event to come out and join the fun.
My partner in crime for the day was Anita. It's great to share food with friends because it allows us to try more things and save room for the next truck. The first truck I lined up for was the Barcelona On The Go Truck. It's been a while since I've had their delectable Spanish cuisine. Esteban was there with a smile and ready to work. Everyone recommended the Serrano Ham Sandwich. The bread was grilled to perfection with that crisp buttery crunch. Normally I disdain red bell peppers but the ham was so delicious that I could ignore the healthy factor. O=D This was great there and just as wonderful when I toasted the other half at home.
The Chicken Empanadas were the other must have that all the fellow foodies recommended. They were very fresh and juicy. The crust was thin and crisp. There were plenty of fresh filling oozing out. I like empanadas where the crust the doesn't overpower everything. This one had the perfect balance of crust and filling.
Sharing is the best part because I got to try out a lot more of the menu. Others got the Manchego and Fig. I thought the figs were fabulous, perfectly ripe. It went great with the Manchego cheese and Balsamic reduction. Simple, tasty, and healthy.
Carolyn got the Sausage on a bed of greens versus the bread. It's nice to know you have a healthier option. The sausage was flavorful and well paired. I just wished it was grilled slightly longer. Other than that it was nice and plump.
All in all I like this truck and this is the only one I have been to twice down here. Esteban is always very nice and listens to his customers. He still remembered me from High Times, which is pretty good memory. =D The Lime Truck was also great and I will post about them next. It was a great event and I hope they have tons more like this where I can be a food truck monger and eat everything at once! lol Here is a funny video I took of Jeff and Carolyn demonstrating what a Gorilla Burpee is. Keep in mind that these crazy people did it on a full stomach! Awesome! =D


Barcelona Onthego (mobile food truck) on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin