Monday, July 19, 2010

Finally able to try Harry's Deli, the talk of the town! Even better, I went with a seasoned veteran, Anita. I've been wanting to check out what all the fuss is about. It has been super hot these days but inside Harry's Deli it was nice and cool with a welcoming atmosphere. I had a difficult time finding this place, guess you can call them a true "hidden" gem? =) It's on the corner of Sky Park N. and Sky Park Circle. Don't be fooled by the exterior, contrary to belief they are not solely a business complex. There are tons of eateries embedded here.
They have a great selection of hot sandwiches. The one that stood out the most for me was the Chicken di Giorgio, which was what Anita recommended too. It's made with a juicy escalope of chicken, buffalo mozzarella, tomato basil sauce, and Parmesan inside a ciabatta bread. I can't stop drooling when I look at the picture of the mozzarella perfectly melted atop the chicken. The chicken was perfectly crusted and cooked to perfection. I reveled at each and every crunchy bite. Mmm! The tomato basil had a refreshing amount of garlic that really added to the savory flavor. Everything came together superbly.
What can make the meal better? Even though it has been really hot these days, I still wanted to try their Creamy Tomato Soup. Everything is made there fresh and you can taste the chunky vegetables in each bite. The soup compliments the sandwiches perfectly. Chew chew chew then sip sip sip and then ahhhh. =D
I have something to confess, I have been thinking about the Chicken di Giorgio sandwich for days now. The best part is that their prices are very reasonable. Harry needs to move down more South so that I may visit him more often! I promise to come 2-3 times a week if you are closer! lol Next on my list to try is Ribeye Steak Sandwich. For me, the hot sandwiches and signature creations are the way to go. Will have to keep coming until I try them all!

Harry's Deli

17881 Sky Park Cir Ste A
Irvine, CA 92614
(949) 261-2116
Harry's Deli on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin