Wednesday, July 28, 2010

One word, YUM! Thanks to Holly's suggestion and temptation! We ventured over to WoodSpoon right before our reservation at LudoBites 5.0, where we ate the menu. =D There really wasn't that much time so we walked on over for a quick bite. WoodSpoon is said to have the BEST Pot Pie around and I had to check it out for myself, even if this is pre-dinner I had to make space!
I have to say I love this place! The cozy and intimate ambiance really amazed me. Was it anything fancy? Nah, but I loved the simplistic cuteness. The settings had a nice touch and I loved the fresh vibrant flowers. There's an array of pillows spread out on the seats. Everything just worked for me. What's also very intriguing is that they add a nice stick of cinnamon inside the carafe of water, which adds this wonderful fragrant spice to each sip.
Holly highly recommended the WoodSpoon Sangria. Tsk tsk she gave up on ordering food, but she couldn't pass up the drink. ^_~ Their Sangria had a wonderful fruit flavor that emanated in every sip and there was no bite from the red wine. The drink was very smooth, sweet, and refreshing.
For me, I decided to give their Brazilian Coffee a taste. This took the longest to come out and we were really short on time. I really wished I had more time to enjoy and sip this freshly brewed coffee. Boy was it hot hot hot! I singed my tongue trying to gulp it down since it was the last to arrive. Still, the coffee was very aromatic and strong, not super strong but just right.
Of course I had to have the Brazilian Chicken Pot Pie! Encrusted inside was Hearts of Palm, Olives, and Roasted Corn. I actually abhor olives and to tell you the truth I couldn't taste it anywhere. The crust was simply divine. It's not your normal pie crust. Instead it's a delicate and flavorful crust that melts in your mouth. I'm sure it's loaded with buttery goodness. Let's not forget the wonderful filling. There's plenty of chicken embedded with little bites of corn. Don't forget to add the spicy sauce for that extra kick. I'm still thinking about this pie!
All in all I really enjoyed this place. The people were super friendly and I loved the whole vibe. Would it be bad of me for trying to add another pre-dinner before LudoBites 5.0? It's just such a far drive for me that I must pack everything in together on one trip. I definitely have to come back to try their other delectable creations. So many things on the menu looked sumptuous!

WoodSpoon
107 W 9th St
Los Angeles, CA 90015
(213) 629-1765
Wood Spoon on Urbanspoon

3 comments:

Wandering Chopsticks said...

I love pot pie and I've never even heard of this place before!

Unknown said...

That looks yummy. Too bad LA is so horrible or I would want to go drive there and eat this.

Kat said...

Wandering Chopsticks - Ooh if you love pot pies then you should definitely give WoodSpoon a try! =D I wished they served it more pipin' hot but very tasty and flaky. I heated up the leftovers and it was delicious too!

Arlene - It's not that bad of a drive! Next time I'll drag you up and I'll drive/brave the freeway lol. So many great eats up there that I know you will LOVE =D

Blog Widget by LinkWithin