Friday, May 9, 2008

Got Chocolate?

After dinner at A16 on Monday, we headed over to Ghiradelli Square for a sundae. Once you walk up the stairs you will see Andrea's Fountain in the center. It's a beautifully sculpted fountain of mermaids and turtles that's why I had to take pictures.
We were running an errand near by so we decided to stop by Ghiradelli to have a Caramel Sundae. They were handing out their new Peanut Butter Squares to try and they were fabulous! If you love peanut butter like I do, this will become one of your favorites! Now that I think about it again, I want more! ^_^ It's even better than Reese's Peanut Butter Cup because of the real nuts inside and rich filling that's enveloped in rich Ghiradelli chocolate. **drool drool**
There were very few people around in Ghiradelli Square because it's a week day. The only place that had any signs of life was Ghiradelli. Once you enter you will see a bunch of people enjoying cold desserts. The service was friendly and quick. Ms. Lin and I shared a Caramel Sundae, but we changed the Vanilla ice cream to Kona Coffee ice cream. The ice cream was flavorful, although the whole thing was melting when it came to us. I didn't like the caramel because it was way too sweet for my palette. If it were up to me, I would have gotten the mint or peanut butter sundae.
All in all it was good and an experience that one must do when they are at Ghiradelli Square. I have to say the price is definitely not worth it, but the experience is why you go. Now I want to go back to get Kara's cupcakes and buy more of the yummy peanut butter chocolate they gave away. Yum Yum! They have a nice assembly line displayed inside Ghiradelli. I tried to make a nice collage of the process that the chocolate goes through before they are left out to solidify. Got Chocolate? O=PGhiradelli
900 N Point St
San Francisco, CA 94109
(415) 771-4903
Ghirardelli Soda Fountain and Chocolate Shop on Urbanspoon

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, another post? How is it possible that between 6:15 a.m. (when I first checked before leaving the house) and 7:40 a.m. (when I came home) there is a whole new post?!

I find Ghiradelli Square ice cream a little bit too sweet overall. However, I do love the passion fruit cupcakes at Kara's Cupcakes. You should give it a try!

Ms. Lin said...

Kat must be so impressed that she has such a devoted fan in you, bumblebee! :) Checking at 6:15 am in the morning and checking again at 7:40 am - that is dedication!

Anonymous said...

I have always been a fan, was just lurking for a while. Now I'm back to commenting...

Kat's posting at a rate faster than I can read!

Kat said...

I love it when you comment ^_^ Thanks for the dedication! I wasn't going to post last night/this morning, but I thought about you reading and not finding anything new. That's what gave me the motivation to continue on! O=P

Kat said...

The ice cream was sweet, but I think the sweetness of the caramel made it seem not as sweet. I felt a cavity or two coming on after we left Ghiradelli. O=P Hopefully Ms. Lin will take me back to Kara's Cupcakes, the passion fruit was the one I wanted to get. Great minds think alike. ^_~

raybanoutlet001 said...

san antonio spurs jerseys
polo ralph lauren outlet
ray ban sunglasses
polo ralph lauren
ray ban sunglasses
miami heat jersey
ravens jerseys
converse trainers
chicago bulls jersey
adidas superstar

Unknown said...

christian louboutin shoes
nike air max 90
adidas tubular
moncler jacket
nike polo
goyard bags
hogan outlet
nba jerseys
john wall shoes
air jordans
nike cortez
retro jordans
harden shoes

Blog Widget by LinkWithin