Friday, May 2, 2008

Sounds yummy to me!! ^_^ I know you feel me Burumun! Ms. Lin and I couldn't decide what to eat for dinner today so I did a bunch of research. I was just looking for some delicious cheap eats, more bang for the buck. While I was searching around on the internet, I found Rosamunde Sausage Grill in SF. They aren't really a "cheap eats" place, but good enough for me in SF. They range about $4.25 to $5 for a sausage in a sesame bun and two sides on top. It's a very small shop located on Haight St. I went in to order and they grilled it all fresh so it took about 6-10 minutes to make. They were extremely friendly, but there was little space for you to stand.The first sausage that attracted my attention was the Duck Sausage with Fig. How does that not sound tempting? =9 **drool drool** The sausage was actually pretty flavorful. I think there were two links in there. At first I thought it was one cut in half, but now that I look at the pictures it should be two. Ms. Lin commented that the grilled onions weren't good, I sort of agree. I liked the grilled bun a lot and the sausage was great. It was flavorful and not dry at all.I have to confess that I LOVE wild boar, especially at La Fondue. Yum Yum! They offered a Wild Boar with Apple & Spice. They flavor was good, it tasted a little bit similar to the duck sausage. Nonetheless it was good with a sweet flavor and tender. This was not the case with the last sausage I got, the Andouille Sausage with Cajun Smoked Spicy Pork. The sausage was cooked nicely and plump, but the flavor... BLEH! It tastes like medicine! I think it tastes like Salon Pas. All the Asians out there know what I am talking about. It's a very bitter and pungent medicine, imagine THAT lingering in your mouth! EWWW! Alright, I admit I am evil. I left Ms. Lin to eat the whole thing, but in trade I went to pick up the second part of our meal. O=PAll in all I liked this place. The whole time I was standing there, I kept looking at all the different sausages and thought about buying it all! I controlled my urges because I hadn't tried their sausages and it would be bad to buy a lot if they are even tasty. Now I regret that I didn't buy some!! GRR! lol I will have to convince someone to take me back. =9 I recommend buying them individually to take home, although I did like the bun. Still it's $2 per sausage if you buy them raw, versus the $4+ you pay to get so-so onions and a yummy bun. I am a carnivore and I can always forgo the carbs! Still if it's your first time, I'd recommend you eating a few there and then order some for home! ^_-

Rosamunde Sausage Grill
545 Haight St
San Francisco, CA 94117
(415) 437-6851
Rosamunde Sausage Grill on Urbanspoon

1 comments:

Emily Adamson said...

Hi Kat, If you like cooking at home, I work for an online specialty food company and we have a lot of great sausage - wild boar, duck, etc. - http://marxfoods.com. I just ordered a box of wild boar sausage and am going to skewer it with figs this weekend for our wine club. And if you're into mushrooms, we're also hosting a recipe contest - the winner will be mailed 2 lbs. of fresh morel mushrooms! Have a great weekend! –Emily

Blog Widget by LinkWithin