Friday, May 16, 2008

I just had to post about this private screening. Even though I haven't seen the first movie, I have read the book eons ago. This mean I remember nothing so for the most part of the movie I am still trying hard to remember any specific details. It's not like you really need to know much about the first movie to watch the second movie because this movie was set much later than the first. I don't know if I like or hate this movie because there were a lot of serious parts and a lot of funny parts. It almost seems inappropriate for them. There definitely was a lot of killing and innocent people who died. I did not think the humor intermixed with the violence was quite right because that only furthers the desensitization of violence. Since I don't know who has read this book or not, I do not want to give away any details, but the ending was really lame. It could have been solved so easily and no one would have to suffer horrible deaths, but then again there would be no story! I can't really recommend this movie, but I can't say I hated it either. I saw it for free and ahead of everyone else, so to me that's all good. ^_^ It's definitely not a movie I'd pay to see or even rent. I'd most likely borrow the DVD from a friend.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin