Thursday, August 28, 2008

Wow this place always brings back memories. Ms. Lin and I use to go to Santora's Hot Wings a lot when we were young. It's a great place to have buffalo wings. Now this place seems busier than before. It's really like a hole in the wall that the locals know about. I haven't been here for a while and I was planning to come here on Sunday but Tofu called... so my plans changed. Then on Tuesday I got the chance to come back since my Mom suggested to come here. She knew that I was a little perturbed about my plans being messed up and she likes this place. The decor has your checkered red and white picnic plastic table coverings. Immediately as you walk in you will see the bar and to the left there is that long thin window to peer inside to the kitchen. You can just seat yourself as you walk in. It's very laid back.
I really came here to get two things... they were the Turkey Sub and Wings! The sub is in a Roll with Mozzarella Cheese, Lettuce, Tomato, Mayo, Red Onions, and Homemade Dressing. For those of you who know me or have been reading my blog... I don't like sandwiches much and when I do they are really good! ^_^ Always ask for it to be lightly toasted to give that extra Umph! The sandwiches come with your choice of Salad or Fresh Potato Fries. Ms. Lin and I like to eat it by dipping or saucing the sandwich with the Hot Buffalo Sauce and Blue Cheese Dressing. It gives the whole thing an extra kick. So yummy!
We ordered a Triple Order of Mild Hot Wings. First off, I was to greedy. Second, my tolerance have spicy must have been increasing because I couldn't taste anything with the mild flavor. I had to keep asking for more and more Medium sauce. Then it was great! Very flavorful! I could have probably gone even spicier, but I was good. The Blue Cheese Dressing that comes with the Celery Basket goes great with the wings. I think their wings are now back to a decent size because they use to be a little too tiny for the price, but well-worth the taste!
Apparently they have Taco Tuesdays and we happened to be there on Tuesday. They have $1 tacos to choose from. You can get either Chicken, Steak, or Fish. We chose to try the Chicken and Steak Tacos. They had a decent amount of meat and were accompanied with chopped veggies then drenched with sauce. My Mom and Aunt really enjoyed them. I think mainly it was a pretty good deal. They did have an extra kick in taste since it was a little spicy. You can taste the jalapeño flavor in the sauce.
All in all I loved my sandwich and wings. It brought back a lot of old memories. The prices were about the same. I always feel that wings are a little bit on the pricey side, but what can I do when I love them so much! lol Will I be back? You betcha! Do I have their number stored on my phone? Heck ya! ^_^

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin