Friday, August 8, 2008

After reading some reviews online, I decided to try Cathy's Bakery in San Gabriel. I don't like Las Tunas because it was a bit unclear so it did take us a little bit to find this place. Luckily I speak Mandarin fluently so calling them and asking for better directions or clarifications worked. Even though they speak Mandarin, some of the people who work there still don't get what I am saying. Maybe they are Cantonese? Speaking either Mandarin or Cantonese might be a necessity if you want to ask for anything specific.
I had to take a picture of the CUTE Animal Shaped Bread. The little piggy is sooooo CUTE! ^_^ I had to show Burumun the pig because she is born in the year of the pig. It's just too cute to pass up! ^_^ Based on some reviews online, I decided to try the Mango Mousse Cake. I really wanted to try the Mango cake but I did not want to buy a huge cake for myself. The mango mousse was heavily mango flavored, but a little too much. I felt it was very artificial in flavor. It wasn't bad but it wasn't anything that I would get again.
The other small snack I picked up while I was there was the Special Corn Hot Dog bread. I shared it with my Mom & Aunt and they really enjoyed it. The bread was tasty. Overall the place was not bad. It's a toss up on where I'd go if I was in MP. I think I would still have to stick with Kee Wah Bakery. They just have more baked goods that I like and their egg tart is great! ^_^

Cathy's Bakery

708 E Las Tunas Dr
San Gabriel, CA 91776
(626) 451-0101
Cathy's Bakery on Urbanspoon

Blog Widget by LinkWithin