Sunday, December 7, 2008

I have passed by Boston Market in Aliso Viejo many times but when I actually want to go there for food I could not find it! It was one of the rare times that I wish I had a GPS or internet on my phone to look up the place! Eventually I circled the plaza and found them. The sole reason I wanted to visit them was that they offered the $1.99 for an extra Chicken deal. When I got there I saw the fine print that it is only if you buy a $19.99 Family Meal or higher to get the deal. After a long debate I decided to stick with my original plan since I made the long drive to get my grub on!
It came with 3 Large Sides. I chose the Creamed Spinach, Mashed Potatoes, and Macaroni & Cheese. Originally I would want their Chicken Salad but they no longer carry it, which deeply saddens me since it was my favorite thing there. The sides weren't bad but they were nothing special. I asked for extra Gravy and they packed a huge one, which was nice. The mac & cheese was the worst choice but it looked nice. See how pictures/images can be deceiving! =P What I did enjoy was the Corn Bread. It isn't really like a real corn bread but you can still taste the Corn Meal and it was sweet. I also think I was hungry and this was the first thing I took a bite out of.
Boston Market is supposed to be known for their Chicken. Has it changed much over the years? It still tastes about the same or I just can't remember because it has been way too long since I have had it. Thinking back looking at the pictures, where was the skin!?!? It's the best part of the chicken and I feel jipped. The skin is very tasty and flavorful but I feel the chicken was not as moist and flavorful as it use to be.
I decided to pay extra for the Pumpkin Pie because I wanted to buy a dessert for my Aunt as I belated B-day celebration. Since I didn't want to make 2 stops, I thought a pie would suffice. They use to have cakes but now the choices for dessert is very slim. After I had bought the pie, I felt a deep regret because it was not worth the $4 or $5 extra money I spent. Surprisingly everyone liked the pie and I decided to try a piece out for myself. The filling was actually very tasty and sweet, but the crust was not good.
All in all I won't be back any time soon. That whole meal cost me almost $30 and it wasn't that memorable. The people there were apathetic and a little bit put-offish.

Boston Market

27100 Alicia Parkway
Laguna Niguel, CA 92677
(949) 360-9860
Boston Market on Urbanspoon

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahhh i love boston market!

and to answer your question about the number of Koreans, i went to wikipedia. this is what it said, "In 2000, 36.38% of Palisades Park residents identified as being of Korean heritage. This was the highest percentage of Korean Americans of any place in the country with 1,000 or more residents identifying their ancestry and more than double that of second-ranked Cerritos, California."

Kat said...

I love it too but the location closest to my house wasn't that good... could be they don't have a high turn over rate. The one I had in LA a while back was pretty good ^_^

Haha Wow! That'a a lot of Koreans over there ^_^

liza on boston market said...

boston market has definitely one of the best and healthiest foods. I love their chix and I'm craving one now! gee... gotta go!

raybanoutlet001 said...

kate spade outlet
coach factory outlet
nike trainers
jordan 8
christian louboutin sale
nike huarache
ray ban sunglasses outlet
louboutin shoes
nfl jerseys wholesale
ralph lauren outlet

Unknown said...

air yeezy
adidas iniki
nhl jerseys
yeezy boost 350
nike shoes
adidas tubular
chrome hearts
yeezy boost
michael kors handbags
cheap jordans
pandora charms

QQQQQQQQQ said...

off white jordan 1
tom ford eyewear
curry 4
goyard handbags
oakley store
stephen curry 5
nike dunks
yeezy boost
michael kors factory outlet
oakley sunglasses

Unknown said...

qzz0616
barcelona jersey
y3 shoes
canada goose outlet
cazal sunglasses
canada goose
air max 90
heat jerseys
michael kors outlet
michael kors outlet
oakley sunglasses

Blog Widget by LinkWithin