Thursday, December 11, 2008

After a gathering we all wanted to grab some dessert in Garden Grove and RM suggested that we head on over to Boulangerie Pierre & Patisserie for some French Pastries. The best part was hearing him pronounce the name. We all agreed and drove on over to hang out and chill with everyone. This is located in one of the many strip malls near by. Parking was a little hectic but I found a spot easily. The decor was actually better than expected. It's clean with a few tables set up for people to eat and dine in.
I really liked the pastry tree that reminded me a mountain of profiteroles. Maybe I was expecting too much because they had a nice selection of pastries and they did look pretty. Sadly, that it was all a deception. Never judge a book by its cover and the same rule applies to food! I thought the staff was a bit rude. The stupid Asian girl ran into me trying to help the customers. Mind you there were not that many people and most of it was people that I am hanging out with. There is no excuse in ramming me and not apologizing. Horrible staff and horrible food!
At first I was so excited to see they had a Croque Monsieur for $3. I have only had bad ones and I have been looking for a place that can do it right. This place is the last thing from being good. The Croque Monsieur here was just your ordinary Crappy Bread with Cheap Ham, Crappy Sauce, and Cheap Cheese on top that is lightly grilled. Ummm I can make a better version at home myself! This was just plain and cheap.
We ordered a Café Éclair because it looked tasty... but... that was not true again! The éclair itself was decent but nothing special. It was just bland. PK ordered the Egg Custard pastry and that was an utter failure. The texture was rubbery and tasteless. We were all commenting on how bad this place was while we were eating there. I seriously question RM's taste or choices. Considering the group of people we were with, he should have chose a grand place.
They sell Madeleines here at 2 for $1 or 5 for $2. Before we ordered I ran off to the bathroom and left my wallet with Ms. Lin. We discussed that it would be wise to not order too much since we don't know how good this place is. Yet, when I came back she bought 5 for $2! It's her fault that money was wasted on this place! Ms. Lin thought the Madeleines were decent but I found them to be dry and tasteless. Both PK and I did not enjoy it. I don't think Ms. Lin even ate another piece since we had tons left over, so I am going to assume it obviously wasn't that good or desirable.
All in all.. NO! This place is bad and the service isn't that good. I have no idea why we even came here or why it was even suggested. There are so many better places in GG that could have been chosen.

Boulangerie Pierre & Patisserie

14352 Brookhurst St
Garden Grove, CA 92843
(714) 418-9098

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yikes that place sounds suck.

i think you should never go to a place that you can't figure out how to pronounce. it never works out. if it's good, you won't know how to tell people. and if it's bad, it's impossible to curse off

Kat said...

I can pronounce it but maybe if the person suggesting can't.. then that should be a sign ^_^ We made him say it so many times but eventually he just gave up and said that place.

Yah it was gross. I am going to stick with my theory that if you are in a Vietnamese area you better stick with that type of food and not a French bakery! =P lol

Blog Widget by LinkWithin