Monday, December 8, 2008

Due to the economy being so bad, our whole family has been skimping on meals. So what to do when you can't decide where to grab lunch? I suggested Mitsuwa again and we all agreed since they have a great food court to choose from. Go figure that our Mom would choose the only non-Japanese place in the entire food court. We kept telling her that it wouldn't be a good idea but she would not heed our warning. I have eaten at every place except Sky Express since it is so out of place.
She ordered the Curry Chicken that comes with Egg Drop Soup. The portion is actually really generous and the photo turned out well. I don't like the Chicken Breast slices that they use because it's a little too rubbery in texture for my taste. Still I must give them credit for the generous amount of meat they put in the dish. The flavor was so-so but I think my Mom was happy and that is all that matters. She ended up taking most of it home.
My advice... stick with the Japanese food in the Japanese market. ^_^

Sky Express

665 Paularino Avenue
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
(714) 437-7198
Sky Express on Urbanspoon

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's some healthy advice

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the advice. When there's an oddball in the room, there must be a good reason. =)

Kat said...

Haha thanks Matt.

Thanks for visitng Peppercorn Press! ^_^ I usually support the oddballs... but not when it comes to my food! lol

Anonymous said...

I think Sky Express is very good. Maybe there is just some dish that's good that you never tried out. In fact I also like the drinks. Maybe you should think about it again. :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin