Thursday, December 18, 2008

After dinner at Claws, I suggested that we go to Bánh Mì Chè Cali for dessert and also so I can pick up some delicious Vietnamese sandwiches. O=) I was really surprised to see that they are open 24 hours and it is great to know. Now when I get my Vietnamese Sandwich cravings, I know where to go! Of course I immediately started to take some photos but after a little bit, the lady was like no photos.... umm OKAY... not like there is much to see or anything. I really disdain people who are so antsy about photos. This place is tiny and barely fits a bunch of people, so if it's ever busy then the lines would go out the door. You can see clearly into the kitchen as well. This is not even the rudest part...
I ordered the Sugar Cane Juice and Sandwiches, which was Buy 2 Get 1 Free. The juice was only so-so and I took the sandwiches home. Like normal, I got 2 Chicken Sandwiches and 4 Mixed Meat. I actually think they put more meat than the other locations. If you take sandwiches home then you should definitely ask for the vegetables on the side. I have noticed a pattern lately that they skimp on the veggies so you might need to ask for more veggies on the side or you won't have enough for all of them.
The chicken is shredded and almost indiscernible. I don't question or think about what I eat in these places. lol The meats were flavorful and they added enough Pate and Chicken Fat. Yes, I know that might sound gross but that is what makes the sandwich so delicious. The more the better! If you keep the sandwich for a longer period of time, be sure to toast it in an oven before adding the vegetables to give it that extra wow factor. Just talking about this makes me want to drive out in the middle of the night for some! lol
So what is keeping me from coming back more often... well.. they are so FREAKING RUDE! It's not just that they don't let you take photos. We sat there for a while chatting since we all bought some stuff. This place is supposed to be 24 hours.. but they were cleaning up or changing certain things and we just kept chatting since they weren't closing. They were doing tons of Asian moves to drive people out! It's not like they were closing! There is no reason for them to kick us out. They were really rude about it by turning the radio up really really really loud and bumping stuff into us. It's almost ridiculous and mind you this was only about 9PM... 24 hours my @$$!

Bánh Mì Chè Cali

15551 Brookhurst St
Westminster, CA 92683
(714) 839-8185
Banh Mi & Che Cali Bakery on Urbanspoon

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmm what are these vietnamese sandwiches exactly? i think i might have to track one down and try it

Kat said...

Oh they are so delicious! You need to search for a Vietnamese bakery or maybe a general Banh Mi search. Cheap and good! ^_- Once you have had it.. there's no turning back! haha

Anonymous said...

Asian people are rude (I can say that =P), but cheap sandwiches always earns my 2 thumbs up!!

-Danny

Kat said...

Haha OMG! Welcome to commenting ^_- I expect a daily rapport with you here now too! ll

Yes, Asian people are rude and that is fine... but they were a little extreme... still I will be back for the great deals... especially Buy 2 Get 1 Free Sandwiches and Sugar Cane Juice! YUM YUM! lol

Anonymous said...

These sandwiches are pretty good. I've been to Banh Mi Che Cali before since I'm from the area. I see you ordered the mixed meat sandwich. That one is my favorite! :D

H. C. said...

I like Banh Mi Che Cali 'cause of their housemade mayo, really makes a difference. For sugarcane juice I prefer nearby Nuoc Ma Vien Tay 'cause they add a little kumquat making it taste like a thin tangerine smoothie.

Kat said...

Hi Nancy! ^_^ I love Banh Mi Che Cali for their sandwiches and you are correct. Mixed Meat! That is my favorite sandwich. O=9

Kat said...

Hey H.C. ^_^ Thanks for the tip. I will have to check out Nuoc Ma Vien Tay for their Sugar Cane Juice. If you like kumquat, you should let me know because we have a HUGE tree in the backyard and I can always hook you up ^_- Now if only someone had the huge sugar cane juicer... then it'd be a party! lol

raybanoutlet001 said...

fitflops sale
true religion outlet store
coach outlet online
canada goose sale
giuseppe zanotti outlet
ray ban sunglasses
cheap ray bans
jaguars jersey
asics shoes
carolina panthers jersey

QQQQQQQQQ said...

adidas stan smith
bape hoodie
kate spade handbags
moncler jackets
adidas shoes
off white clothing
nike roshe
adidas ultra boost uncaged
true religion outlet
chrome hearts

Unknown said...

qzz0616
moncler jackets
ferragamo outlet
gentle monster sunglasses
tory burch outlet
canada goose jackets
coach outlet online
canada goose outlet
canada goose outlet
coach outlet store online
cartier jewelry

Blog Widget by LinkWithin