Friday, February 20, 2009

Let me just say I am a hard person to please so it is rare for me to say that they have been getting better and better. I haven't even posted my 2nd visit yet, but I will post up the 3rd visit within 1/2 a year... and did I mention I do NOT live in SF? lol O=9 This is how crazy I am about Bi-Rite Creamery, my last visit to SF during V-day was POURING RAIN yet I still had to visit them. This was PK's first time here and I had to introduce her to the ice cream here. Thanks to Ms. Lin for driving us there after lunch for our next adventure. What we crazy women do for food and the icy cold rain we brave through!
Was it worth it? YUP! It has been getting better and better. The good thing about pouring rain is that the customers were not pouring in. They actually had Blood Orange Sorbet, which made me very excited. I tried it and it was a little bland for my liking. The Blood Orange Sorbet at Ciao Bella was actually more flavorful. So why am I a bigger fan now... any place that can turn something I despise into something I like gets tons of props from me! They had a special flavor of Brown Sugar Ginger Caramel Swirl. This was delicious and if they made it part of their normal repertoire, I am sooooo there! I abhor ginger but the flavor was very subtle, the texture was great, and the caramel was fabulous as usual.
For some odd reason the Salted Caramel tasted a little different. It was overly sweet for my taste but still good. I liked it when the Salted Caramel had a slight burnt flavor and not as sweet. The Honey Lavender this time around was great and so light to the palette. This flavor is climbing up in my chart. A lot of places mess up anything with lavender because they tend to put too much and it overpowers everything else making it taste soapy. Last time I liked the Rituals Coffee and I ordered it again. It was still good but I wished I had more Honey Lavender and Brown Sugar Ginger Caramel! Mmmm Gooooood!
This time I decided to try some of their cookies. How could I resist them laid out by the register for only 75 cents?? The White Chocolate Dipped Cookie was speaking to me by being so cute. Sadly this was not my type of cookie, it fell a little flat in flavor. Luckily I got 2 of the Toffee Cookie because it was simply delicious! The cookie was soft and flavorful even after a few days. They also came in handy one of the mornings to help tide PK over before lunch.

All in all YUMMY. I am glad that we came because PK really liked it and I had found some new favorites. We started talking about the great texture and consistency that Bi-Rite Creamery over Scoops and other well known ice cream places. Sure they might not be as inventive as some places but the flavors they have are done splendidly! You can bet I will be back and I have been singing praises ever since the last visit. ^_^

Bi-Rite Creamery
3692 18th St
San Francisco, CA 94110

(415) 626-5600

Bi-Rite Creamery and Bake Shop on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin