Wednesday, February 11, 2009

This is a continuation at how Downtown Disney tried to bleed me dry of my money. It was a cold and foggy night where we couldn't see any fireworks for New Year, but we will pay through the nose to be there! lol After my expensive Wetzel's Pretzels snack we were all ready for something warm since we didn't want to leave as everybody else was. What's the point of being stuck in the parking lot? lol We weren't the only ones with this idea because there was a long line for the "express" side. The line still moved smoothly and a lot of items were already out.
I was really there to get something hot to drink so I ordered a Mocha and my Mom ordered Coffee. The Mocha is the smaller cup and also over $5, what a great deal huh? I asked my drink to be sweeter and they were kind enough to keep adding syrup, but for some odd reason it never got sweeter. Eventually I gave up and just decided to add sugar packets when I got outside... in the cold. Luckily they did have some heat lamps but most seats near one were all taken. =*(
My Cousin decided that he wanted Chili in a Bread Bowl. They make it so cute because they take the top out and add them to the side of the bowl to look like ears! Look it is Micky Mouse! My Cousin gobbled this up. It was great for the cold weather.
Since he decided to get food, how can I not get one for myself! lol At first I ordered just the soup but I saw that the Chili Bowl was so cute and I wanted it for myself too. I asked to make it into a bread bowl but they just gave the bread bowl on the side. =*( No special ears or anything... sob sob! Still, I took pictures and made a collage of the pouring instead. lol The soup was good, better than the canned soups but you pay a heavy price. I still think that the SF Sourdough Boudin has a better Clam Chowder, but it has been a while since I last had it. The soup was very good for the cold weather. I like it when the soup soaks into the bread and eat it.
All in all it was quite an expensive excursion! lol The 2 drinks and 2 soups ended up costing around $30. =*( You wouldn't think that a small snack and drink would be that crazy expensive but what do you expect when you are in Downtown Disney. After we had our little "snack" we left to go home and make more food! haha Mmmm spicy ramen and enoki mushrooms for all! haha

La Brea Bakery
1556 S Disneyland Dr
Anaheim, CA 92802
(714) 490-0233
La Brea Bakery Cafe on Urbanspoon

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the Mickey Mouse chili - so cute!

Kung Food Panda said...

You're eating too well Kat! :)

Next time I'm treating you to Souplantation! AYCE Salad Bar yo! :P

Anonymous said...

$30 dollars isn't the worst...

Kat said...

Thanks 5 Star Foodie! It's definitely cute! So cute that I got a Clam Chowder but I was jipped of the cuteness! lol I can totally see you doing this at home for your kids now ^_^ So lucky!

KFP ~ Hey a free meal is a free meal... I am going to hold you to it KFP! lol You can have full access to the AYCE Salad Bar... I will find the most unhealthy food there and eat that! haha

Matt ~ It is expensive >_<# For that little amount of food... 2 soups and 2 drinks... It was totally not worth it! Downtown Disney was bleeding me dry that night... first with $15 parking charge when they are normally FREE... then Wetzel's Pretzels... then this... bam... $60 or so gone for the 1 hour or less I spent there in the cold =*(

Anonymous said...

LOL I work here I'm actually on the picture you posted up

Kat said...

haha how funny! Hope you don't mind O=9

Blog Widget by LinkWithin