Saturday, February 7, 2009

As I have mentioned many times, WTF... no pictures again? Brian's Beach Sushi in Vegas is located WAY OFF the Strip. If you don't have a car, don't even bother. Even if you do have a car, don't know if it is really worth it. Sorry Roo! A friend recommended it and I was looking forward to trying this place out since he raved about it. There was only one single soul there when we arrived and barely any people there. They have AYCE for $27, I think or around there. You can basically order anything off of their menu which was not bad. It's a quaint little place and I was fine with everything until the server came by and said no photos. WTF! Seriously, a run down hovel like this should really just chill! With the surfer laid back theme seemed like they would be really chill but no.. anal!
Is this the best AYCE I have had.. nope, but it's aiight to be fair. I started off with a bunch of fried foods and they were all just so-so. Nothing special. I had the Fried Calamari, Fried Shrimp Tempura, and Dynamite. The batter was a little flat, but it's AYCE... whatever lol. I would definitely not come here to order and pay regular prices. Definitely stick to the AYCE if you are there but I'd rather go elsewhere for my sushi fix. At least I can say that I tried this place. The sushi was alright too.
Here is a quick break down of what we ordered: Deep Fried Oyster, Gyoza, Egg Roll, Green Mussel, Sesame Chicken, Teriyaki Beef, Brie & Grape Quesadilla, Sashimi Roll, Towering Tuna Poki, Seared Tuna Carpaccio, a bunch of sushi, Mochi Ice Cream, Green Tea Ice Cream, and Homemade Tofu Cheesecake. Don't be scared away, this was among 2 people lol. What I really liked or thought was unique were the Brie & Grape Quesadilla, Sashimi Roll, Towering Tuna Poki, and Seared Tuna Carpaccio. I should just make the Quesadilla at home lol. The Sashimi Roll was Tuna, Yellowtail, White Fish, Salmon, Shrimp, Avocado, and Asparagus wrapped in Daikon Radish. I snuck a picture in! haha
All in all mehhh... not great but not bad... but I am still mad about the photos! It soured the mood of the meal. The Tofu Cheesecake was bad I must say, stick with the regular ice creams or mochi. This place was really far off the strip. Maybe I had too high of an expectation or they just soured my mood but it was just alright to be honest. I still like food better in California. Or I would rather pay more at Ichiza to be honest. =P

Brian's Beach Sushi

8665 W Flamingo Rd # 106
Las Vegas, NV 89147
(702) 453-8897
Brian's Beach on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin