Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Didn't I mention that I went back the next day? The first time I went with my Mom and then I told Ms. Lin about it... she said that she will find some way to meet me there for lunch somehow! lol Her favorite dish last time she was there was the Pretzel Crusted Crab Cake. If I only knew the day before! I would have ordered this over the salad and sandwich. =P It's paired with Mango and Poppy Seed Honey. I thought this was a very unique take to the traditional crab cake. The flavor was good and there was plenty of crab inside. Having pretzel sticks encumbering the crab cake was not only pretty and innovative but gave it a whole new bite. I really wished I had time to go back for lunch again on my last trip, but like I said... I am not sure if they serve lunch any more... =*(
Of course we had to get the Kobe Beef Carpaccio since I was talking about it after I had it the day before. Ms. Lin and I both appreciate nicely prepared beef! ^_^ It was just as good as the day before. I told Ms. Lin about my Cheesecake Lollipop Tree and she told she had it before but thought it was only okay. We both agreed that it was waaaay overpriced. Ms. Lin said that she had an awesome "Egg" dessert the last time she was here for an event. We saw something on the menu that resembled what she had and decided to give it a go. I blame her! I was tricked into spending more dough! >=P The "Egg" dessert was a Chocolate Egg Shell dusted with Gold Powder with Cookies and Cream Ice Cream inside layered with a Brownie, Caramel, and more sweets that rotted my tooth. Then they have a Vanilla Bean sauce below with Chocolate Shavings. Sure, it sounds great on paper but this was too much for me. It was a bit overly sweet and tough to eat. I will admit that it is cute, but not as nice as the Cheesecake Lollipop Tree IMHO. Still at least I can say I tried it. I was looking at their website and they have yet another "Egg" dessert but not fashioned the same way.

All in all I liked my 2nd visit because I knew better what to order. If I go a 3rd time you can be sure I am just sticking to the crab cake and carpaccio. Can't go wrong with those. Maybe I would be bad enough to try another dessert. O=) I never learn! Still, I think this is one of the better and safer restaurants to choose in the Venetian. Still, beware that everything in the hotels tend to cost more and not necessarily taste better.

David Burke
3355 Las Vegas Blvd S
Las Vegas, NV 89109
(702) 414-7111
David Burke (Venetian) on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin