Friday, September 12, 2008

In Anticipation....

I went to check out BlackMarket Bakery earlier in the week to see if I would like to order a custom-made cake there. They are located in Irvine, but it's by John Wayne Airport. The location is tucked away by small business units. I got directions from Google Maps, but they were off and I had to make a few U-turns. It's a really small bakery and not very well air-conditioned. I was dying of heat inside, but that can be expected when they are a bakery. It's not really a sit down place. You can come and buy baked goods to take home. They do NOT sell their cakes by the piece. I had planned to go there early so I can buy a small piece to taste it out before purchasing. They have sample custom-made cakes there that were really cute.
This post is dedicated to the small eats I bought. That day I decided to try out the Triple Chocolate Brownie. It's made from Sugar, Cocoa Powder, Flour, Butter, Eggs, Dark Chocolate, Cocoa Nibs, and Salt. The flavor was not bad. It's a very deep and rich dark chocolate. I just wished it was a little more moist. The cocoa nibs were something different. It gives the brownie a crunchy texture.
I also got the Mango Macaroons because I can't ignore anything that says MANGOES! O=9 They did have a mango flavor but left a weird taste in my mouth afterward. I put them in the fridge to see if they would taste better afterwards. They are still in there, so I will report back on a comment to tell you all if it got better tasting. All in all the baked goods were so-so, not what I had expected. Maybe my expectations were to high from the reviews and pictures online. Still, it is a cute place and great service. Stay tuned for the almighty CAKE!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin