Friday, September 12, 2008

Here it is everyone! The cake from BlackMarket Bakery. I saw the photos online and I was enamored with the decorations. If only Ms. Lin was here, I would have totally ordered the same cake for her. That would have forced me to change mine. She really loved the photos as well. They do some very imaginative cake decorations! As soon as I took the cake out, every one took photos of the cake. It was definitely a crowd pleaser! ^_-
They were very nice about the cake. I didn't quite want to spend too much on the cake so I asked for a flat design of sushi on the cake, but when I went to pick it up they were 3-D! YAY! And the best part is I didn't have to pay extra! I thought that was very nice of them. They said that the flat look didn't work out so they just made the decision to make it pop out. I was very happy and excited. I got the Bollywood Star Cake. It's Coconut Buttermilk Cake, Fresh Mango, Passion Fruit Syrup, and Coconut Buttercream. The only thing is I didn't think the cake was that good... I am sorry to say. The Mango Cake I had on my B-day was much better. I just felt that their cake was a little on the dry side. Everyone thought the mango was fresh and sweet. The flavor was fine, but it was too dry and gratey for my liking. At first I thought the decorations were Marzipan, but they are more like Marshmallows. They were way too sweet for me to eat, but they look gorgeous! Apple of Apple Jacks, gasped as I cut into the cute sushi. I am sorry! I had to do it, or we would have no cake! O=9

BlackMarket Bakery

17941 Sky Park Cir
Irvine, CA 92614
(949) 852-4609

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

The cake is so cute! Almost a shame to eat it... almost =)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin