Sunday, September 28, 2008

I don't know why I do this to myself all the time! Yet again I stand outside the Legendary Pink's in LA waiting for a freaking hot dog! If you have ever been you will KNOW that the line is freaking LONG ALL THE FREAKING TIME! I am not kidding you! The first time I came at lunch and imagine how long that was! Recently during X-mas we came when I was deathly ill around 11PM to Midnight and yet we waited an hour or so! On Thursday night we went around Midnight after Ms. Lin and I both had a nice dinner/event... we waited 50 minutes. When is there NOT a wait????? If anyone knows, tell me! lol
Before I get to the food review I have to disclose some really bad news right now. I don't know what happened, but on Sunday during dinner I somehow seriously injured my back. These pas few days you might be wondering what happened to me... I will probably be in bed resting and not moving at all for a week or so. Sorry, so bare with me. =*( Catch up by reading some old posts! ^_-
After the first time I came here I realized that I don't like the hot dogs nor the chili on top. So why do we come back you ask? Luckily the first time I came here I was nice enough to buy Ms. Lin a Jalapeño Dog and that was delicious! So now we come just for the Jalapeño Dog and we always wonder if it's really worth the extraneous effort! Well we still love the flavor or maybe we are a glutton for punishment? You can feel the snap when you bite in and boy is that chunky dog filled with jalapeños! YUM YUM! I am normally not a fan of spicy things but this was one of the things that got me started. No pain no gain right? lol
While we were waiting in line we kept debating on if we wanted more! Of course we are greedy so we ordered a third dog, even though we already had a bunch of food that night. O=) We both unanimously agreed on America The Beautiful Dog! It's a 12 inch Jalapeño Hot Dog topped with Pastrami, Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomatoes! The pastrami was actually very tasty and well flavored. They were very generous in the toppings and I really enjoyed the bacon. *drool drool* Maybe I will get some Pastrami sandwich next time. That's how good it was. Darn! Then I will have to wait in that freaking line! Boo! Well I guess I am a glutton for punishment! ^_-

Pink's

709 N La Brea Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90038
(323) 931-4223
Pink's Hot Dogs on Urbanspoon

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pinky's sounds delcious! I can't believe you guys ate 3 dogs after dinner! That is dedication... :)

Anonymous said...

dedication... gluttons... tomatoe tomato! haha

I had a full 5-course meal before I came and she had Esquire Event food. We both made room for the yummy dogs! LOL We also waited an hour for them... plenty of time to digest! ^_-

Unknown said...

I have been to Pink's when it doesn't have a long line but that normally around 4-6 pm on a weekday.. otherwise, good luck with the line cuz it's a pain in the buttocks.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin