Saturday, January 17, 2009

As many of you know from my previous post about The Clubhouse, they offer a membership program where you pay $20 and get a $25 GC on the spot... as well as $50 GC that you print out for your birthday and to celebrate your anniversary for signing up with them. To top things off you can also register your family's birthday dates to get a $25 GC to print out so you can take them out. Doesn't that sound like a pretty sweet deal?
Normally I never quite desire coming here unless I get my GC's to print out and then I make a special trip to indulge myself with a family member. This time around my Aunt needed us to do her a favor and gave us her $25 GC to run the errand as well as catch a lunch. My Mom ordered the Chicken Piccata with Chicken Breast, Lemon Caper Butter Sauce, and Herbed Angel Hair Pasta. It is only $12 for lunch. Of course I had to try to budget the meal accordingly since I don't want to spend too much extra dough on a lunch I didn't quite want to go to. The chicken was pretty tender and flavorful with a slight grilled flavor. It was much better than what I remembered. Be sure to eat the dish ASAP because the sauce is quite thick and coagulates quite rapidly. I still make better Chicken Piccata at home, but for $12 here... not too bad.
The reason why I must order something cheaper is because I have to get a 20 oz. Slow Roasted Prime Rib with Horseradish, Au Jus, and Red Skin Mashed Potatoes. This is way over budget but it is a price to pay to get me to come here. O=) I asked for a Medium Rare to Rare cut and the server was sweet & smart enough to order it more Rare just in case. The meat was juicy and tender. I normally don't like my cut so thick and ask for them to cut them into 3 pieces at Lawry's. Here I just eat as is and keep my fussy ways to myself. Don't worry it is still good. The outer layer has all the seasonings and flavors. I feel the meat is a bit flavorless towards the center so sprinkle on some salt all around and some in the au jus to give it that extra kick. Too bad they don't have Lawry's Special Salt... Mmmm good! All in all still not a bad deal with the program! O=)

The Clubhouse
3333 Bristol St
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
(714) 708-2582
Clubhouse - Costa Mesa on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin