Thursday, January 1, 2009

I have seriously been up in San Gabriel/Alhambra/Monterey Park way to often these few months. People at a lot of places up there recognize me! That is how often I have been going in a short period. O=9 Keep in mind I live over an hour away! lol D@rn the addicting and cheap food they serve out there! I keep driving pass Bánh Mì Chè Cali on the way to Half & Half Tea House and it was finally time that I checked them out! I was wondering if it was the same chain in Garden Grove and if they offered the same deals. Luckily it is even BETTER! lol The only downside is that they don't offer fresh sugar cane juice =*(
The Sandwiches are $2 and Buy 2 Get 1 Free, which is $1 cheaper than Garden Grove where they are $2.50 and B2G1F. I noticed a difference in taste between the ones sold here and near home. Brace yourself... the ones in SG are much more meatier than the ones in GG despite being cheaper... and here comes the real shocker... I don't like the meatier ones as much as the ones in GG! lol I know it is blasphemy for me to say that I want less meat but I just felt that they lacked a bit in flavoring and seasoning. It could be just the person who made it that day or something, but don't worry I will definitely be back to pick up some more! For the price, it is still great! ^_-
Another deal I noticed as I walked in was that they offered Buy 1 Get 1 Free Milk Tea or Green Tea with the option of Boba, Jelly, Pudding, and more for $2. So it is basically $1 a drink. I have to say that is one of the best deals in town! To top it off, it's actually not that bad in taste! I thought the Milk Tea was decent and sweet. Little did I know that the Green Tea was only tea and no milk when I asked for pudding. I brought it home for my Aunt and she really liked it. Is it the best tea in the world? No. Is it worth the price? Heck YAH! Will I be back? You can bet on it! ^_-

Bánh Mì Chè Cali
135 San Gabriel Blvd
San Gabriel, CA 91776
(626) 286-8728
Banh Mi Che Cali on Urbanspoon

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the site! There is no place on here to email you. I'd like to ask you some questions, but not in open in a comment field. Oddly, you can't be emailed at Urbanspoon or FoodBuzz either!

Kat said...

Haha thanks! ^_^ Always glad to see new readers.

Wow you are either up early or up late like I am right now lol I was blogging but then I started playing Sudoku O=9

I didn't know you can't email through those... I saw your e-mail addy so how about I will just e-mail you and make it easier ^_^

Ms. Lin said...

Apparently it's $2.25 per sandwich (not $2) if you want the buy 2 get 1 free deal. So it's really $4.5 for 3 sandwiches, which is still a good deal, but not as good as I thought...

Kat said...

I know! I feel cheated! lol Still, a good deal... but I don't like that you get taxed here since it evens out almost everything. I swear that when I went there last time the lady charged me less.. but who knows... I still love my Vietnamese sandwiches ^_^ Just bought more from the one in Garden Grove today again lol

raybanoutlet001 said...

snapbacks wholesale
salomon shoes
mbt shoes
hugo boss outlet
superdry clothing
fitflops sale
saints jerseys
cheap nhl jerseys
nike air huarache
coach outlet

QQQQQQQQQ said...

links of london
vibram five fingers
ray ban sunglasses
burberry
yeezy boost 350 v2
converse shoes
kobe byrant shoes
yeezys
oakleys sunglasses
yeezy boost 350 v2

Unknown said...

qzz0616
nike presto
golden state warriors jerseys
cheap jordans
kate spade outlet
10 deep clothing
kobe 9
ray ban sunglasses
moncler jackets
clippers jerseys
reebok trainers

Blog Widget by LinkWithin