Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Who's up for breakfast? Not me! =P Once in a blue moon, I get up to eat breakfast. A nice meal with friends is always good. We went to the Original Pancake House on Moulton in Aliso Viejo. My friends often talked about this place, but I never ventured there especially not for breakfast. There are a ton of these places around the U.S. We went around 10am on a Friday, it was super crowded. The service was kind of slow, but they were friendly. I must warn you that the noise level was quite high, so keep in mind it's a hustling and bustling place.
Two of us ordered the the 49'er Flap Jacks. There were three plate-sized, chewy, & tender pancakes served with whipped butter. Each table has their special syrup. I decided to get a fresh squeezed orange juice, which was very good because they must have added a lot of sugar. The pancakes were good and the portion was very generous. It tasted like a thick & chewy crêpe, the texture was very nice.
My friend got the Blueberry Pancakes served with Hot Blueberry Compote. The server was very nice and suggested that he get the junior meal that comes with sausages he wanted as well as the coffee he ordered. A great deal and hefty portion. There was three good-sized pancakes loaded with blueberries and dusted with powdered sugar. They really love the blueberry compote, personally I don't like cooked fruits. It was good, sweet but a little bit alcoholy.

All in all the food was good, MUCH better than IHOP or Denny's. Another place around Mission Viejo is Paul's Pantry and they have pretty good breakfast food too. I can't really tell which place was better since I haven't been to Paul's in a while. Luckily I just got some coupons and I think there was one for them so I will let you know soon! I also have a coupon to this place, so I will definitely be back again most likely later in the day!

Original Pancake House

26951 Moulton Pkwy
Aliso Viejo, CA 92656
(949) 643-8591
Original Pancake House on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin