Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Normally I don't like to eat anything spicy, so you know it's AWESOME if I love it. YunChuan Garden has one of the best spicy dishes I have had in my life. I crave their Wontons in Spicy Chili Sauce. They have very authentic Chinese dishes. If only they weren't so far away in Monterey Park, I'd stop by to pick up their hot sauce! The flavors are just splendid! This place is tucked away in a strip mall. There's parking in the back, but you can always park on the street as well.
As you walk in there's a counter straight ahead with their special dishes that you order for your table or take out. Word to the wise, even if you are taking it home be sure to order it for sit down and then take it home. The portion is much more generous when you eat there than taking it home. My favorite dish there is the Fu Chi Fe Pian. It's a mixture of meats that are marinated in their special spicy chili sauce. Just thinking about makes me drool!
I really want to go back soon to get the Wontons in Spicy Chili Sauce so I can take home the yummy sauce and pairing it with other foods. Whatever seasonings they add to the chili sauce truly makes it stand out. The flavor lingers heavenly in your mouth. It's the perfect blend of spices, a great addition to any dish. The funny thing is I hate spicy foods. Everyone is so surprised that I would like this dish, so that really tells you how delicious it must be!
This time around we didn't order that much, but my Mom got greedy and ordered their Signature Noodle Dish. It's called the Kuo Chao Mi Shen. They bring all the components uncooked to your table along with the steaming soup and noodles in separate bowls. Then they pour the meat in first followed by the rest of the plate. At the end they add the noodles to the soup after the meat has a little time to cook. The flavors are very subtle and clean. It goes well with all the spicy dishes since it's very light and flavorful in its own way.
All in all I love the spicy food here! At first I couldn't take it and wasn't too fond of all the spice, but now I can't live without it! Just thinking about the delicious spicy chili sauce makes me want to drive all the way up again for more! Sometimes the place is very busy and it's hard to get a seat, but it's worth the wait! The food here is cheap and good. If you are ever in Monterey Park, you definitely have to stop by here to give them a try. You won't regret it!

YunChuan Garden

301 N Garfield Ave
Monterey Park, CA 91754
(626) 571-8387
Yun Gui Garden on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

Ms. Lin said...

This place is so good! You know it's one of my favorites. I'm glad I converted you into a fan, but now I'm jealous that you get to go! :-p

Kat said...

Ha ha! Yes be jealous! That is what you get for going to Sushi Bistro without me and for FREE! Pay back! =-9

Blog Widget by LinkWithin