Sunday, March 23, 2008

Goodness, I don't know why I am up so early today! Being up at 9AM is unholy for me, so I thought maybe I should post something then ^_^. I have been here before with my ex-coworkers and they loved it. For me, I have only thought this place was mediocre. I mean Pink's was good, but I don't think I am a big hot dog fan. What sold me at Pink's was their Jalapeño Sausage it's so delicious. I decided to give Jerry's Dogs a second try. The service was friendly as usual and the place was clean. For Orange County, this is not a bad place. This time around I have a buy one get one free coupon too!
I wanted to try their Chili Cheese Fries. To my surprise, I actually really liked it. The fries were crispy and drenched in chili, I only wished they put more cheese on it. It was really good and I would recommend this, but I don't know if it's worth $3.50 when you can get a similar thing at other fast food places for like a $1.29
Since I really love the Jalapeño sausage at Pink's, I wanted to give this place a try. It's a Texas style lean pork with Tex-Mex spices then smoked with jalapeño. The specialty of this place is that you get to choose an endless amount of toppings on your dog. There was so much that you can't even see the picture of the sausage. I got the mushrooms, bacon bits, white onions, red onions, and sautéed onions. The spicy flavor was subtle, not as big of a pow wow like Pink's. It was decent, but I don't think I will order this again.
We also decided to try the Smokey Joe's Kielbasa sausage. This was actually really good! I got the same toppings, but after a while you get tired of the toppings because I can't even take a full bite of everything at once. Eventually I gave up and just ate the sausage. This was packed full of flavor, unlike the jalapeño sausage. The texture and snap was just right.
All in all this place was alright. I am still not impressed. Service was friendly as usual. The best part of the meal was the fries I think, although the Kielbasa was a close second. There's still some coupons left for me to use, but I don't know if I'd come back to use them. If you like hot dogs or sausages and can't or won't go to Pink's in LA, then I guess this is a good 2nd choice. Whoever wants to try this place and wants coupons, let me know I still have two of them.

1 comments:

Ms Lin said...

The pics look delicious though! (Or maybe I'm just hungry. :) I guess it's not a bad choice if you don't want to drive all the way to LA and wait like 40 minutes at Pink's just to get hot dogs!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin