Thursday, March 27, 2008

I have never seen or heard of an all you can eat Persian restaurant. Low and behold there is one in Aliso Viejo called Kassra Persian Cuisine. When I went to Sango Sushi, I happened to pass by it and chalked it down as a place I will have to try eventually. By coincidence my friend suggested to do lunch there one day, so of course I jumped on board. We went last Friday around 1Pm and the place didn't seem too busy. A very simple interior design and it was clean. They have all the food set up towards the back on tables heated by hot water under the tray.
There wasn't that many choices but definitely enough for me. I believe there was about 12 or so choices, which includes added condiments and canned fruits for dessert. For meat choice it was either Koobideh or Chicken Kabob. There were two types of rice, the regular Basmati and Adas. They also had flat bread. There were some other hot dishes that resembled Ghemeh Bademjan, which was eggplant cooked in a flavorful tomato sauce with different vegetables. As for me, I started out by trying a little bit of everything to see what I would like. After the first plate, I decided it would just be meat, rice, and chopped tomatoes & onions.
All in all the food was decent. The choices were very limited. I liked the chicken more than the Koobideh because it was more tender and flavorful. My friend liked the Koobideh more. We didn't know how much lunch was, it's $12 per person. Based on that, I would have to say I'd rather order my own dishes than pay for the all you can eat. I don't think it's that great of a deal because Koobideh dishes with rice and all usually costs $10. So if you don't like the limited choice then I would order what you like versus taking a chance on what they served. The service was iffy. At first it was acceptable, but towards the end they just never came out of the kitchen so we had to put in a lot of effort to get the bill. I haven't decided if I'd ever come back, but my friend said she wouldn't ever come back.

Kassra Persian Cuisine

27261 La Paz Rd
Laguna Niguel, CA 92677
(949) 362-2500
Kassra on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

dang... with $12, i would get ALL YOU CAN MEAT MEAT MEAT at korean bbq~ YUMMMMM~!!! =P..

Kat said...

Yah that's right! I'd rather get some yummy K BBQ! Although, the gas to drive there would about even out. =P

Blog Widget by LinkWithin