Friday, February 8, 2008

Located next to Bloomingdales at South Coast Mall. The interior decoration is very nice and it looks like a great place to grab drinks. This place tries to be an upscale Cheesecake Factory but falls short. I personally refuse to ever go back to Cheesecake Factory after a disgusting experience. This place is really hit or miss in my opinion. I have been here many times. If you come here, I would recommend you signing up for their Club Card. It is $25 to sign up, but you get an immediate $25 welcome gift card to use. The best parts are getting $50 gift certificates on your anniversary and birthday, which makes it worthwhile. Although their normal menu is quite expensive, so the $50 won't go far.
My sister LOVES anything with Buffalo sauce, so of course we had to get the Buffalo Chicken Wings appetizer. This was actually a very tasty appetizer. The Jalapeño Grits were the best grits I have had to date. It had a super cheesy flavor that emanated from the grits. I definitely will order this again when I go back, which will be the next time I get my free $50 gift card!
I decided to order the 14 oz. Slow Roasted Prime Rib. It was only okay. I have had much better Prime Rib elsewhere. They really need to have the Lawry Salt to add more flavor. The mashed potatoes were a little bit cold and dry for my taste. I really wished they gave the yummy jalapeño grits instead!
My sister ordered the Bacon Ranch Chicken Wrap, which was very good. We kept the sauces from the buffalo wings to add on. The sauces really made the wrap. I liked the buttermilk fried chicken inside as well. I wouldn't mind ordering this again.

All in all I like the food here. I usually come for the Early Bird dinner deal, but I don't think you can use any of the gift cards on it. Their food is not bad, but way over priced. If you like this place or would like to try it, I would definitely recommend shelling out the $25 for their membership. It really pays for itself!

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin