Monday, February 25, 2008

Quick Lunch @ Wasa's

I still think the best time to come here is Happy Hour! Lunch was only okay. I have been here many times for lunch. The good thing about them is that they still have lunch specials on Saturday. Our meal ended up being $51 for the two of us, which was not too cheap. If you come for Happy Hour, you can get more food for half the price!
We ordered the Sashimi Lunch, which comes with Miso Soup and Salad. The soup was lacking in flavor, but the salad was not bad. They have a more gingery sauce on top of the fresh vegetables. One good thing about lunch was that the sashimi comes with steam rice, unlike dinner. I still have issues with the fact that you don't get rice with your sashimi at night. The presentation of the sashimi was nice, although I think my collage looks much more appetizing than what it really looked like. They give you two pieces of five different kinds of fish. Today's choices were salmon, albacore, tuna, white fish, and surf clam. Overall it was fresh but I felt that chef lacked technique.
As usual, I must order Hamachi nigiri and Toro nigiri. Don't know why it took so long to come out. The cut seemed small, but when I picked it up you could see it was not too thin. Hamachi was only okay. The toro was great! Smooth texture and delicious! It melted in my mouth.
I was in a hurry so I didn't see the new lunch menu out on display outside. I made sure to take pictures as I was leaving. They now offer Dynamite Shrimp, Curry Chicken Katsu, Spicy Sashimi, Ginger Beef, and Spicy Tuna with Crunchy. It looked good, but I think the only thing I want to try would be the spicy tuna. Still, if you can make it to Happy Hour it would be a much better way to go.
All in all the staff was nice, but very slow. The food was good, not really worth the price though. Especially now that I am addicted to Happy Hour, I just can't go back to paying regular price here. I really missed my Crispy Rice Sushi, but I would never pay full price now! =9

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin