Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Kappo Hana on La Paz

This was a very quaint place. It was tucked away behind Yamato, another Japanese restaurant. Kappo Hana had a very authentic feeling. The menu had a lot of traditional Japanese food. The staff was extremely friendly. Almost everyone there was Japanese, except my friend and I. When I go back, I want to try what they called the Kamameshi Dinner. This included Appetizer, Sashimi, Fried Dish, Steamed Egg Custard, Kamameshi, & Dessert. It sounded very mysterious and would be something I have never had before.
That night I decided to try the Chicken Tsukune as an appetizer. The texture was like a meatball, but more tender. I loved the flavor of the chicken and the sauce drizzled on top. Even now, I remember how delicious it was. I would definitely recommend this delicious treat.
As usual, I ordered Hamachi sashimi. The price and portion size was decent. To my surprise this place also served fresh wasabi. Even though the slices were not bad, I felt there was a lack in slicing technique that would bring out the true textures of the fish.
For my main course I made a mistake to try Cold Soba Noodles. Maybe I just don't like cold soba. This was only my second time trying this dish. The noodles had the right texture and chewiness. I would probably try other noodles there next time.
My friend ordered the Bento Box. This contained Sashimi, Tempura, Teriyaki Chicken, & a choice of California Rolls or Spicy Tuna Roll. The presentation was nice, but very common. Portions were generous. Sadly, my friend was sick so she could not taste much of the food.

All in all I really liked this place. The prices were reasonable and there were a lot of other things on the menu I want to try that looked interesting. Service was good and the food was good. Overall this place gave me a warm feeling, so I will definitely be back.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin