Friday, February 15, 2008

Partly in celebration of my friend, you know who you are, WELCOME TO UNEMPLOYMENT! ^_^ We decided to have fun and meet up for Happy Hour at the Spectrum. The first time I came to the Yard House for Happy Hour was on Valentine's day last year. It was almost 6pm and I was browsing at the flip through on the table when I came across the half-off appetizers. Of course I immediately ordered a bunch of appetizers! My friend was all confused and by the time she realized what I was doing, it was too late.
They have an awesome menu for Happy Hour. Full-sized appetizers at half the price! I have been here so many times that I have tried almost every appetizer on their menu. This time around I was forced to order drinks, peer pressure! My friends had a Cosmopolitan and a Piña Colada. I opted to try the Mangolicious Martini. Their martinis for Happy Hour are only $5.50 so it wasn't too bad.
We decided to try Blue Crab Cakes, Chicken Lettuce Cups, Chinese Garlic Noodles, Spicy Thai Chicken Pizza, and Firecracker Wings with the sauce on the side. This was the first time once of our friends went to Yard House for their Happy Hour, so we kind of ordered a lot. I normally just get the wings and lettuce cups, which is enough for two people. I am not a big fan of spicy food so I like to have the sauce on the side for the wings. There is a lot of flavor naturally in the wings, so you don't really need the sauce. The lettuce cups are flavored to perfection and come with three delicious sauces. You scoop the sautéed chicken, tofu, & pine nuts into the lettuce cups. Then you add a piece of the wonton cup to add a crispy texture and eat it bite by bite!
I am not a big fan of spicy foods so I don't really like the pizza, but it does look delicious in the picture! My friend LOVES the pizza. We actually got two of them and she took one home. It is a normal sized pizza for about $6, sounds great to me! The crab cakes are decent, but for the price they are very generous. I like the food here, but I wouldn't order some of these appetizers unless they were half off to be honest. We added an order of Chinese Garlic Noodles. They are good but nothing extraordinary.
All in all the food here is decent for a brewery. My favorite dish would be the Chilean Sea Bass, but that definitely is not half-off. I rarely come here for their normal menu now that I discovered Happy Hour last year. It is from 3-6PM Monday through Friday. Be sure to head over to Irvine Spectrum early to miss the crowd and for decent cheap food!
Yard House

71 Fortune Dr
Irvine, CA 92618
(949) 753-9373

Yard House on Urbanspoon

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Luv happy hour @ the Yard House :) Yum...yum...yum...I remember when we went with Rich, we basically ordered every appetizer listed on the menu. Ha!ha!ha!

Kat said...

Ha Ha! Yes I remember, and I remember how full we were! Yet, I never learned! O=P When I go with new people we just order up a storm! We should go there again when I get back! ^_-

raybanoutlet001 said...

nhl jerseys
nike outlet
discount oakley sunglasses
nike huarache
redskins jerseys
coach outlet online
nba jerseys
reebok shoes
christian louboutin outlet
tods outlet

Blog Widget by LinkWithin