Monday, February 4, 2008

This was the first restaurant I went to for Dine LA week. It is located in the Beverly Hilton and you can validate your parking ticket, which becomes a $5 charge. They had a really nice bread basket assortment and it came with both butter & olive oil. Our server wasn't great, but it wasn't horrible like Asia de Cuba. I was a little disappointed in their drink selection because I thought they were suppose to have a huge wine selection.
I chose to go at dinner time because the menu looked much more promising. For first course, I ordered the California Dungeness Crab Cake with Grain Mustard Aioli, White Asparagus, Cherry Tomato, & Wild Cress Salad. The crab cake was delicious and a generous size. It was purely crab meat and not lots of breading, which was good. The only thing was the crab cake needed the aioli to add more flavor.
The main reason I wanted to come here was what they offered for their main course. I ordered the 10 oz. Fruity Soy Marinatd Grilled New York Steak with Roasted Pepper & Blue Cheese Relish. The steak was delicious! Although I think they made mine medium rare versus rare, but still good. I really liked the blue cheese because it really complimented the meat. The portion was very generous, especially for the dine LA menu. The accompaniments weren't that good and the mashed potatoes came out dry and cold. Other than that, I liked my steak a lot since it was a good cut.For dessert, I opted to try the Journey into Chocolate. This included a Provence cake with thyme, an Opera Cake, & a Chocolate Soup. I am a huge Opera cake fan, so I really liked that dessert. The Provence was a little off because I don't like thyme in my dessert, but still good. The chocolate soup is a little gritty but decent. My friend said he really liked his Passion Fruit Crème Brûlée. Personally if I had to do it all over again, I'd order that instead.
All in all, I might come back. The dine LA menu was definitely worth it. As for their regular food, nothing really Wowed me. Overall it was good minus the server's nonchalant attitude.

Circa 55

9876 Wilshire Blvd
Beverly Hills, CA 90210
(310) 887-6055
Circa 55 on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin