Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Happy Birthday Grandma! She is 91 this year and many more blissful years to come! I usually pick up a nice small cake from a Chinese bakery for her. I did take a bunch of pictures in the bakery but they asked that I do not post them on the internet, so I will respect that. The only picture I am going to post up is the stuff I bought.
I usually like to get cakes with mango in them. This was a Mango Angel Food Cake with fresh strawberries and mangoes. They recently must have went up in price, but still good. I love Asian bakeries because you can always get candles and the plastic knife to cut the cake. It was good, but the strawberries were extremely tart. I also got a Chiffon mini-cake. The texture was excellent and moist. There was cream inside the cake that was very light.

All in all the cakes were good. I always come back to get the mango cake, but now I will definitely add the chiffon cake to my list. Warning though, don't get their Macha (Green Tea) Mousse. It was rancid, my silly sister wanted that as a cake. Be sure to try their egg tart and cream cheese pound cake.
We also got the Cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory at Costco. I swore never to go back to Cheesecake Factory, so I haven't had their cheesecake for a while. Oh my goodness! Still good! So tempting having it in my freezer! Their cheesecake is always amazing! The texture is so velvety and smooth. If you freeze it a little and then eat it, it's like ice cream. So good!

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin