Saturday, February 16, 2008

Who's got a coupon? I keep seeing their coupon on the poster/flier in the mail. We decided to try this place out since it was really close. To my surprise, it was actually pretty good. This place gets bonus points for having a coupon, but we had 3 people so it didn't work out as nicely. Still, it was good and we all had a lot of fun. They had a very typical decor. Like most Italian restaurants I have been to, there walls were painted to look like Venice. I swear, they all must use the same decorators!
They brought out these yummy bread rolls that looked like croissants and a very nice marinara sauce. It was delicious! Funny thing is they also have something similar in the appetizers. Why would you order it if you can get it free? I was VERY tempted because the bread was very good with the marinara, I really did think about ordering the appetizers too!
I ordered the Pesto Shrimp and Chicken Linguini with red onion, garlic, mushrooms, pine nuts, and red chili pepper. This dish was decent, but very light in flavor. I smothered it with Parmesan cheese to add more flavor, not that I wouldn't have loaded it with cheese even if it did have flavor. My first instinct was to order a marinara entree, darn myself for wanting to try new things!
My friend ordered the Salmon a la Pesto. He felt the same way I did that it needed more flavor. I saw him adding a lot of Parmesan cheese as well.
My best friend ordered the Rigatoni with Sausage & Peppers. I knew she would order that dish because it is one of her favorites. She liked the dish a lot. The flavor was good and it was the marinara sauce we liked that came with the bread. I tried her dish and the sausages were tasty.
We decided to share the Tiramisu. It was actually very good. I liked the sweetness and it didn't feel too heavy. Some places make it too creamy and drown out the sweet flavor. My one comment would be that you could not taste whatever the lady fingers were soaked in.

All in all I actually really enjoyed this place. The prices are reasonable and I was sold on the bread. I think I will go back soon just so I can have the bread! Next time I won't order the pesto, but stick with the marinara or even try their pizza. I have another coupon at my house, so even better.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin