Tuesday, February 19, 2008

JJ Bakery on Culver

I love the Daikon Pastries here and their Egg Tarts. For my birthdays I usually come here to get the Taro cake or the Fresh Strawberry & Vanilla cake. Their cakes are pretty good, but do NOT get the Chestnut cake. We got that for my sister one year and boy was that a mistake! Normally their stuff is pretty good, but they really missed the mark for chestnut. Their baked goods are really good. I like the flavor and texture of the dough they use. The Pineapple Milk Bread is very tasty and sweet. They also have Mini Hot Dog or regular Hot Dog Buns that are delicious. The bread around it is always moist, tasty, chewy, and aromatic. Their Pork Cutlet Sandwiches are filling and good.All in all it is a good bakery. There are some things that are hit and miss their but overall you will find something that tastes great. I really like how they have just as much salty pastries and sweet pastries. For a long time I thought this was the best bakery but now that JS Bakery has grown on me it is hard to say. There are certain things that I like more at each bakery, one thing JS does not carry is the daikon pastry I love. Try both out and see which one you like. No worries, they are only 5 minutes from each other so you can go to the other one if you don't like what you get.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin